Well, just to update everyone, the three month contract with the construction company fell through. It's a long story, but basically one of the guys was not what we thought he was, nor what he advertised. He was unlicensed and had some bad references from other businesses that he did in the past. So needless to say, I have distanced myself from that situation. So right now, my outlook is very confused... I have some positives going on, but at the same time, 3 months from now I may have to go find steady work to keep myself afloat. I've been working hard to get some things done so we'll see what happens in the near future. I'm still excited about what may come towards the end of the year/beginning of 2009, but it may be worth my while to go get a job that still allows me to do some outside consulting and business development.
I have also started taking online classes on options trading. I decided to treat myself for my birthday. I've been looking into it for the last 3 years, and have done a bunch of research on it and decided that now is the time to pull the trigger. Among my plans at some point, I plan on going to get my series 7 to allow me to legally manage other's money. So we'll see what happens.... I can probably say though that there aint gonna be much in the way of Christmas gifts this year. I hate to dissapoint but I may be spending my time in line at the soup kitchen. (not really, but money will go to where it needs to)
With all that being said, this week I'm "supposed" to be going to Miami on Thursday to look at a business to get into, but that may get postponed til next week or something. Other than that, I've been enjoying being in Baton Rouge. I've been doing some socializing with the BR elite and doing some volunteering to meet some of the local business leaders. So, regardless of what happens I believe I am positioning myself to become successful regardless of what happens in the short term....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Let us know if you need a home-cooked meal on the way to Miami!!!
So what's up these days?
When are you going to blog again?
Post a Comment