Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas and Summer Adventure (possible)

Well Christmas was alot of fun. I was able to spend time with my mom and dad up here in Dallas. I'm still up here, and will probably stay for New Years. I have a few friends who are planning on throwing a party so it should be fun. I also got to see Abbey, Nick and the kids. They are all getting so big (especially Kayleigh), but they only like me because I'm a horse. Otherwise, they would rather play with their toys. I guess I can't blame them. If I had a horse to ride, I would only like it for riding... I got to go to a Stars game with Uncle Greg which was a ton of fun. Stars won in overtime... Other than that, it has been a pretty relaxing Christmas vaca. Still working on a bunch of things workwise, but things are starting to shape up. I'll know more once the New Year rolls around.

I talked to my friend Barrett today. Some of you know him.... Anyways, we have always said that when we get out of school we were going to do a motorcycle trip through Europe. He finishes grad school in May, so this summer is the likely target. Right now, I don't have the money to do it, but I'm hoping to afford the trip. We haven't decided on length or which countries yet but the bikes cost approx. 525 euros per week. We were thinking 2-3 weeks... I really think it would be the adventure of a lifetime and something I would never forget. That is why I am emploring you all to help me out.

I will begin taking donations starting immediately to help me get to Europe. Oh, and just in case you were thinking about not donating I'll say this. If you love me you'll donate. If you don't love me, well I will know by your lack of donation. Now I want this to be a non pressure situation at holidays and get togethers, so just go ahead and donate... Also, because of your generous donation you will be included on a souvenir list. Now, I don't have a non-profit organization set up so it will not be tax deductible, but hey... If Martha can do it, so can you! Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday season and are looking forward to a happy and succesful 2009. I know I am!!!

4 comments:

Paige said...

Our $1.00 is in the mail that's $.25 from Me, Todd, Zoie, and baby #2. ;)

Steve Ev said...

You know paige, I love you, Todd, Zoie and Chloe, but $1 aint gonna cut it. The only place a buck will get me is to the curb outside my house in Baton Rouge. I would hate to think that you ruined the next family event because you don't love me....

Paige said...

By the time we have another family event you will have already of gone...so it won't be akward. ;)

Steve Ev said...

well paige, if you don't donate i cant go. Thus ackwardness.