Sunday, April 19, 2009

An epiphany...

So, I have come to the realization that I am a horrible blogger. I wanted to update everyone in my family on what is going on in my life, but i havent really done a great job. For that, I apologize... I don't know how many of you actually read my blog anyways, but for the 1 or 2 that do, that apology is for you guys. Since my last post nothing too too special has happened. For those of you who don't know I have been selling medical equipment for the past few months with company called Blitz. Anyways, the guy who owns Blitz actually sold books in the 70's and 80's and was one of the main guys who created the organization that I worked for when I sold books. Anyways, I got ahold of him and mentioned i was interested in selling some equipment. So he set me up over here in LA and I've been doing that ever since. It's a commission only job, so I know that definately scares some people, as i should. Otherwise everyone would do it.

To make a long story short I have been struggling the first 2 months of doing this. Being that I haven't actually collected a pay check since September of last year, it was tough justifying driving a ton of miles and paying for gas when I don't really have the money to be spending. While working for them I started looking around for salaried jobs that I might be able to get. However, there aren't that many out there. The ones that are available are typically horrible, and I'm just too awesome to do them regardless of my situation... Anyways, even though I was having a tough time with the job, I have stuck it out and made my first sale this past week! Now, it looks as though I am hitting my stride and should have about 4-5 more fall my way in the next few weeks!!! Things are definately looking up and I found out once again that if i just stick to something and see it out, the rewards will definately come! On average, the reps that work with Blitz usually take about the same amount of time to get their first sale, but it seemed like a REALLY long time for me with all of the pressures surrounding my situation.

So, I'm really starting to enjoy my work and it DEFINATELY pays well if i keep with it. I'm building a business, but I get to do it how i want to... I don't have to work 9-5 everyday so I can vacation when I want, or work a ton of overtime if i want. It really is and hopefully will be the perfect job for a long time. As I continue doing this I still want to pursue some of my other ideas.

Other than that, the car is still running well, the house is good, and it's almost pool weather! I'm looking forward to spending the weekends out by the pool, drinking coronas and getting my tan on.

For those of you who read my blog, I'll try to get one update every month at least.....

5 comments:

Paige said...

A Blog 1x a month is reasonable...just please don't post any pictures of you tanning ;) People don't need to see that.

Abigail said...

You do about as good as I do blogging, but I have a better excuse. :p

Morgan said...

Glad work is going better! Keep it up!

Abigail said...

It's May; where is your monthly blog???

Mike and Patti Everett said...

Stephen, I'm proud of you! I missed my once a year update, but you're cooking on the monthly cycle!

Dad