Well, since everyone else in the family has a blog, i guess i will do one so everyone can keep updated on what i'm doing in my crazy world. I will try to update it regularly, but I know that may be a stretch... I thought, since I'm going through a big transition period in my young life, it would be good not only to tell the people i care about what i'm doing but to also blog my thoughts... I guess it's alot like writing in a journal. I hope it helps me organize my thoughts and keep me level-headed...
Anyways, for those of you who don't know I'm moving back to Baton Rouge at the end of this month to start a business with my friend CT and mentor Chandler. I've tried to start businesses before, but never really bought into the idea of burning the boats. For those of you who aren't familiar, the term burning the boats means leaving yourself no options for retreat. In order to do so I have liquidated some of my stocks and mutual funds (not much, thanks to wal-marts bad timing) and am banking alot on this. However, I wouldn't do any of these things if I didn't believe that I could... Just a side note, I dont really care about grammar and capitalization when i'm rambling so just get over it... I'm really upbeat about the opportunities ahead of me, and can see alot of potential, but still need to be prepared for "the worst case scenario", so I will try to plan accordingly. Let's pray it never gets to that point.
As far as my partners go, CT has been a friend of mine for about 4 years now. We met selling books door to door and he has also built a very succesful insurance practice in the last 3 years. He is also closing that chapter in his life to pursue the same dream. Chandler is a 34 yr old experienced entrepreneur? who is married with two small children. He is a devout Regnum Christi Catholc who is completely different from any other catholic i have ever met. I mean that in a very good way. Chandler built his own business wile in college in the Cellular Technology industry and was worth about $11 million by the time he was 26. He had a private box in Tiger Stadium and had a beautiful wife. He had a meeting set to get a $30 million line of credit for his business in NYC to basically secure his and his business' future. Unfortunately his appt. was set for September 12, 2001. Needless to say, the meeting didnt happen, and he went from being worth $11 mil. at age 26 to being $1 million in debt, having his house and car repossesed, and his wife walking out of him. Since then he has found the Lord and has developed a VERY strong faith and is now happily remarried to a strong christian woman.
With Chandler's leadership and experienceas CEO, CT as our CFO/CMO, and me as our President and COO I think we are poised to do great things. WE are still working on names. I will update you all as soon as we decide on something... Anyways, I'm tired and this has been enough of an update...
So to wrap it all up, I've finally caved in and started a blog... I hope you all enjoy....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Welcome to the dark side ;)
BTW...you can not care about grammer...but at least check spelling :) LOVE YOU!
Yeah! We are a family of bloggers!! Well almost, if dad would ever update his.
Post a Comment